WHY AN ARBORETUM?
WHAT IS AN ARBORETUM?
A place for Trees
An arboretum is a specialized
botanical garden devoted to specimen
plantings of trees and shrubs.
A living museum for the enjoyment,
education, and inspiration of all people.
WHERE IS THE ARBORETUM?
The Arboretum San Antonio will be located in the old Republic Golf Club Conveniently located on SE Military between I-37 and I-410 about a mile east of Brooks.
ABOUT THE SITE
● 188 acres total, Purchased in Nov 2023
● Strategic partnership with Brooks
● Many amenities align to an Arboretum:
○ Abundant mature trees, diverse species
○ Significant acreage out of floodplain
○ On the Salado Creek
○ Existing Cart paths (Approx 4 miles)
○ Water infrastructure - Large SAWS recycled water contract
○ SE Military Access, Main Entrance
○ Right of Way established for Greenway trails